08 Aug Wab Kinew and the NDP Are A Risk Manitobans Can’t Afford: NDP record of failure serves as a warning to voters in the upcoming election
As Wab Kinew’s weak and divided NDP launch their campaign, Manitoba’s strong and united PC team are reminding Manitobans of the NDP’s record of failure.
“The NDP did incredible damage to Manitoba’s economy and the front-line services we depend on,” said Heather Stefanson, Deputy Leader of the Manitoba Progressive Conservative Party and PC Candidate for Tuxedo. “Wab Kinew ran as a star candidate in 2016 defending the record of Greg Selinger, and he wants to go back to those dark days. Manitobans deserve to know exactly what that will look like.”
The Manitoba NDP had a shameful record during their time in government, including:
• The longest Emergency Room wait times in Canada
• The worst K-12 education outcomes in Canada
• Raising the PST to 8% after promising they wouldn’t
• The highest ambulance fees in Canada – over $500
• Millions of dollars given to NDP-connected businesses in sole-sourced contracts
• Failure to meet any of their greenhouse gas reduction targets
• Raising taxes 15 times in 14 years – taking an extra $700 million from Manitobans every year
• The Bipole III boondoggle, which cost Manitoba taxpayers over $1 billion
After years of never-ending NDP tax hikes and mismanagement, only a strong, united PC team will lower taxes, make life more affordable, and continue building a better Manitoba that moves forward.
Wab Kinew has tried to hide from his personal and political record, but Manitobans deserve to know the truth – and that’s why we’ve been calling on him to answer these four simple questions:
1. Why did he tell one story under oath about assaulting a taxi driver and a completely different one in his book?
2. In 2017, did he try to intimidate his ex-common-law wife about the domestic assault
allegations she made against him?
3. Will he release the Candidate Disclosure Form he completed to become an NDP candidate?
4. Is he still profiting from his misogynist rap songs?
These are important questions that Wab Kinew must answer but keeps hiding from.
“Manitobans deserve to know that a vote for Wab Kinew and the NDP is a vote for a leader they can’t trust and a dismal track record of failure in government. Manitobans know that Wab Kinew and the NDP are a risk they can’t afford” said Stefanson.